Monday, August 6, 2007

Renewables Market

Below is the end of an email exchange between Executive Green and a recent software refugee who joined a CleanTech company.

Andrew

I took the opportunity to transition my career from high tech into the renewables market and joined Tioga Energy. The company boosts the adoption for F1000 companies of enterprise-scale renewable energy by installing and owning solar electric facilities and selling green electricity back to the “hosts” (through so-called “power purchase agreements or PPAs). We fast-track their path to clean power by eliminating upfront purchase expenses and ongoing maintenance responsibilities.

The process of finding the right deal was similar to the decisions I made in the mid 90s when I jumped into an Internet company. I was able to leverage my successful track record of developing b2b go to market strategy while learning from and teaming with industry experts.

I find the challenges ahead in the renewable market to be bigger and even more meaningful than the start of the Internet generation. There will be many innovations in the renewable market, and I look forward to being a part of it all.

No comments: